– Coordinate photography and road test vehicles using industry standard measuring equipment;
– Performance and economy test vehicles against manufacturer claims;
– Meet editorial deadlines and professionally liaise with car companies;
– Represent CarAdvice on television news and current affairs programs covering major events, i.e. consumer issues, vehicle recalls and road and vehicle safety;
– Script and produce video vehicle reviews with consumer relevant content.Radio
– Co-host of CarAdvice radio show on the Macquarie Radio Network (2GB, 3AW, 4BC and regional stations) with Steve Price and Trent Nikolic on Monday nights at 9PM.
— Ranked number one in its time slot across Australia
– Co-host of motoring segment on Denis Walter Afternoons on the Macquarie Radio Network (3AW and regional stations) with Denis Walter on Thursday afternoons at 2PM.
— Ranked number one in its time slot in Victoria
– Co-host of CarAdvice radio show on the Macquarie Radio Network (Talking Lifestyle national and regional stations) with Clinton Maynard on Saturdays at 3PM.
– Regular coverage of automotive topics on the Macquarie Radio Network, including Ross and John, 3AW Breakfast, Neil Mitchell, 3AW Mornings and Tom Elliott, 3AW Drive.Television
Regular television appearances on the following national television programs:
– The Project, Channel 10 (national and regional)
– The TODAY Show, Channel 9 (national and regional)
– Ten News, Channel 10 (national and regional)
– Nine News, Channel 9 (national and regional)
– Seven News, Channel 7 (national and regional)
– A Current Affair, Channel 9 (national and regional)
– Delivering capital engineering projects from design to construction at the ANZ Bank’s critical Melbourne data centres;
– Managing subcontractors, consultants and stakeholders to deliver projects on time and under budget;
– Establishing and maintaining excellent professional and interpersonal relationships with the client.Achievements
– Completed build of two $10 million high-density computer halls on schedule and under budget;
– Engineered an innovative energy efficient LED lighting control system as a client value add.
– Replacement of chiller infrastructure supporting critical computer system cooling load.
— High-risk project was completed with no interruption to ANZ’s critical cooling supply.
– Development of spanning document management system for site CAD files.
Conceptualising and producing the CarAdvice Podcast.
— The CarAdvice Podcast debuted on the iTunes Australia podcast ranking at number 54, with the podcast continuously ranking amongst the top 10 within its category.
Conceptualising and co-producing one of the Internet’s most watched automotive videos.
— The Tesla Model S P85D v V8 Supercar video has over 2 million views on YouTube and went viral within 24 hours of being published. The video also appeared on the front page of Reddit within its first 48 hours.
Co-producing and building an audience from scratch across three radio shows on the Macquarie Network.
— Start from no audience, our radio shows on the Macquarie Network (Monday nights with Steve Price, Thursday afternoons with Denis Walter and Saturday afternoons with Clinton Maynard) have been built to sit in number one position within their respective time categories.
— My involvement stretches from curating content, through to presenting on air and interacting with callers.
Youngest motoring journalist in the world to drive the world’s fastest car.– In 2008 I was aged 19 when I was trusted with the keys to the $2.7 million Bugatti Veyron, test driving the vehicle in France near the company’s headquarters.
Paul Maric (born 27 June) is an Australian journalist and radio presenter. Maric currently writes for Australian automotive website CarAdvice.com and co-hosts CarAdvice on the Macquarie network with Steve Price.
Maric was born in Novi Sad, Serbia and migrated to Australia in 1989. Maric grew up in Geelong, Victoria, attending Whittington Primary School, Geelong High School and then Swinburne University of Technology.
In 2008 he moved to Melbourne where he worked part-time in IT and as a freelance motoring journalist.
In 2011 Maric graduated from Swinburne University of Technology with a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) and began working full time at Downer Engineering as a Project Engineer, while also working part time as a motoring journalist.